More information about cookies
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard disk when you visit certain websites. The Website Owner may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons etc. For consistency’s sake, all these techniques combined will be named ‘cookies’.
Why are these cookies used
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have visited our website before and to identify which parts of the site you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit to our website.
Cookies from third parties
Third parties (external to The Website Owner) may also store cookies on your computer during your visit to The Website Owner website(s). These indirect cookies are similar to direct cookies but come from a different domain (not operated by The Website Owner) to the one you are visiting.
Do Not Track Signals
The Website Owner takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. The Website Owner utilises cookies to help you to get the most out of The Website Owner website(s).
Please be aware that The Website Owner currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s ‘Do Not Track’ signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On The Website Pages, Flash cookies may also be used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting Adobe’s website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Further information about the type of cookies used on The Website Owner website(s)
Cookies that ensure that the website functions properly
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to browse The Website Owner website(s) and use the website’s functions, such as accessing protected areas of the website.
1. Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when downloading marketing materials so that you do not have to fill in all your details repeatedly
2. Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details
3. Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.
4. Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details
5. Reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen
6. Locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts
7. Loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible
8. Making it possible to place a reaction on our website
Cookies that enable us to measure website usage
1. Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages
2. Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages
3. Determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website
4. Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved
5. Optimising the website
Cookies for behaviour-related content of a web page
Our aim is to provide visitors to our website with information that is as relevant as possible to them. We therefore endeavour to adapt our site as much as possible to every visitor. We do this not only through the content of our website, but also through the advertisements shown.
To make it possible for these adaptations to be carried out, we try to acquire a picture of your likely interests on the basis of The Website Owner website(s) that you visit in order to develop a segmented profile. Based on these interests, we then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various groups of customers. For instance, based upon your browsing behaviour, you may have similar interests to the ‘males in the 30-to-45 age range, married with children and interested in football’ category. This group will, of course, be shown different advertisements to the ‘female, 20-to-30 age range, single and interested in travelling’ category.
Third parties that set cookies via our website may also try to find out what your interests are in this way. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
Even if such cookies are not used, please note that you will be provided with advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests.
These cookies make it possible for:
1. the websites to record your visit and, as a result, to assess your interests
2. a check to be run to see if you have clicked on an advertisement
3. information about your surfing behaviour to be passed to other websites
4. third-party services to be used to show you advertisements
5. more interesting advertisements to be displayed on the basis of your social media usage
Cookies for sharing the content of our website via social media
The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognise you when you wish to share an article or video.
These cookies make it possible for:
1. logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly
These social media parties may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. The Website Owner has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data. For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the possible data that they gather, please refer to the privacy statement(s) made by the social media parties themselves. Below we have listed the privacy statements of the Social Media channels that are used the most by The Website Owner:
We may amend this Policy from time to time, for example, because our website or the rules relating to cookies change. We reserve the right to amend the content of the Policy and the cookies included in the lists at any time and without notice. The new Policy will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using The Website Pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy. You can consult this web page for the latest version.
If you have any further questions and/or comments, please contact email@example.com or visit to our contact page.